EQUINE PHYSIOTHERAPY SERVICES
- Performance Problems
- Rehabilitation Post Injury/ Surgery
- Routine Maintenance Checks
Pain can result in your horse developing compensatory movement patterns and secondary issues and may manifest itself as:
– Behavioural changes
– Loss of performance
Physiotherapy treatment and rehabilitation can help optimise recovery and return to previous levels of activity following:
- Surgery eg kissing spine/ other orthopaedic procedure
- Soft tissue injuries, such as muscle strains or tendon injury.
- Back pain
- Reduced performance, such as becoming disunited in canter, head tilting, stiffness on one rein
- Muscle imbalance
- Behavioural problems such as bucking, rearing or napping.
Regular physiotherapy checks can also be used to help maintain performance, prevent injury and for maintenance and well being in the older horse.
A thorough assessment will be carried out which will include taking a detailed history, observation of the horse in standing and whilst moving, and hands on assessment of soft tissue and joints. An appropriate treatment plan and help formulating rehabilition plans will then be made based on the findings of the assessment.
Contact me for further details/ advice on 07914 822013.
Check our Events page https://rsvetphys.com/events-physio-workshops-clinics-rider-equine-canine/ for any upcoming equine related clinics/ workshops or visit our page on Facebook